05 January 2007

Something Substantial

I'm sitting on the couch with Gizmo on the headrest behind me and Shaggy sitting next to me (yes, I have to dodge the fur). Did I mention that the boys are Himalayans? I love the longhair cats, there's actually something to sink your fingers into. It's not been easy living by myself and so far away from my college friends and Dragons. Having my boys around really helps. It may be silly but I can talk to them and they always pay attention to me. It's so wonderful to come home and see them flying off the couch or out of the bedroom to greet me!

Work can be surprisingly stressful. It seems that I can never manage to get everything done. In fact, I should be working now and not typing here. But editing documents will have to wait until tomorrow. In other news, I am enrolled for French 102 with classes starting on Tuesday. I just hope my boss doesn't want me to travel to Tysons and BWI for Monday - Wednesday.

Oh, and speaking of boss, he's offered to get into the horse business and buy me a horse to show and sell. Already have a horse in mind, so I went to look at a barn today. It's not what I'm used to in show barns, but I liked that atmosphere. The barn is in the middle of housing developments, so it will be a huge change for the horse, but c'est la vie! The owner is looking for advanced trainers/instructors, so I may take on a few students and/or show horses. I think the extra riding would be good for reducing stress levels. The owner is very serious about his students showing, albeit Hunter/Jumper. But maybe I'll be able to ride some advanced types and cross-train them. Who knows. I ride on Sunday afternoon for him to see if he wants me to ride/instruct.

Anyway, time to move the boys from the couch to the bed. And for me to get some sleep.

Good night World.

No comments: