It feels impossible to not worry when I'm on the verge of being fired. It's nothing that I've done with work, it's mistakes I made with the paperwork. I didn't clarify my degree issues on my paperwork so I'm accused of falsifying information. Unfortunately, I think it's someone's personal grudge against me that caused the information to be dug up and exploited more than three months after I started. So this has been a very depressing weekend. I got back from DC on Thursday night to find this stuff in a FedEx envelope on my front door. What a way to take a wonderful two days of meetings, being on a high with great business opportunities, and send me straight into depression.
Anyway, I taught on Saturday. Had a couple good lessons and taught a girl on a pretty talented jumper who needs a lot of work. The horse I'm riding is making good progress, his name is Ace. He was rather distracted this evening when I rode him since there weren't other horses in the arena. Why was he not focused on me? Well, everyone else had just been turned out, and he had to work. So he got fast and hollow. I put him on tiny circles and squares, really making him bend around my leg and step underneath himself. He paid attention but was getting upset, so I made him do the same thing at trot. He first tried to run out and scoot away from my leg. So I kicked him pretty good with the outside leg and it seemed to knock his brain back into place. He finally relaxed and lifted his back so he could tro softly on a 12 meter circle. Not that anyone is interested in that, but I am, and this blog is mine. Not to mention that riding is my way to relax.
12 February 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment