14 April 2008

Sleep?!

Today I about kicked Gizmo out of the house. He woke me up this morning kneading the pillows behind my head. Ordinarily this isn't a problem... in fact, he usually sleeps curled around my head. But this morning was different, his claws need to be trimmed. So every time he kneaded the pillow his claws caught on the fabric, a very disturbing sound at midnight. What did I do? Pick him up, hold him at arm's length over the side of the bed and DROP! Shaggy took his place at my head and kept his claws neatly in his paws where they belonged.



Four-ish rolls around and I start to get restless, don't know exactly why. So I start tossing and turning a little. Apparently Gizmo thought it was now time for Mom to be up and about, so he's standing next to me meowing mercilessly. I drop him a couple more times... third times the charm and he stalks out of the bedroom. Try to go back to sleep, but now I feel kind of bad for chasing him out, but I try to talk myself out of it. I finally get so tired of arguing with myself that I check the time, three minutes until the alarm rings. So I turn the blasted clock off and stumble to the bathroom. Who comes flying in front of me to cut me off? Gizmo! Stupid cat. I felt better after my shower. Scratched his head and apologized for dropping him off the bed all night. Shaggy finally climbed out of bed too, he's usually the first one up and begging for food!

Who needs kids when you have cats!

No comments: