I'm a cheapskate... my father taught me well. If I don't need it I generally don't buy it, especially if it's not on sale. I'm a sucker for the sale rack at nice stores. B. Moss is one of my favorites, they have the best clothes AND they put them on sale before the only thing left is 0s and 14s. In fact, I just bought this absolutely adorable spring-y skirt for $15... down from $50! But every once in a while I have to buy something new.
I bought a new saddle. I've had mine for about 10 years, and I even bought that one used. Well, it doesn't fit me very well and it doesn't fit my horse at all. So in the interest of protecting her back and keeping her comfortable she gets a new saddle. But would I pay full price for it? Nope! I'm sending off for a test ride saddle and will buy that one, which knocks about a $100 off. And oh by the way, they give a free bridle when you purchase this particular saddle. So for $600saddle, I get a $850 saddle and a $150 bridle. What a deal! It should get here in about a week... can't wait!

And before anyone complains about the price... the saddle I'll buy in about three years is currently going for $3600. The $900 saddle will only fit me when jumping fences 3' and smaller, and only the higher priced saddles have options that will properly fit my leg. It's complicated and horses are expensive.

1 comment:
Sounds like a great deal! I miss my saddle very much. And having a horse to ride it. :(
*sigh*
Someday
Post a Comment