It's been a busy week, putting out one fire after another plus entertaining the new boss's boss's boss. Tiff.... aren't you supposed to be the social coordinator? Anyway, the new general/admiral (retired of course) was very down to earth and still learning. Unfortunately he doesn't have much BD experience or even experience within our primary field. So he's going to havea steep learning curve. Oh well.
In other news, the cats are healthy again. Thank you God!! But they do need their teeth done. More $200 vet bills per cat. Anything for my babies! They were both so happy to see me when I got home from work today. Gizmo wouldn't stop chattering and begging for tummy rubs. And Shaggy wanted to be cuddled some more. It's so nice to have them waiting for me to come home with their unconditional love. They've settled nicely into the smaller apartment, but Gizmo still gets the crazies from time to time and runs around the apartment like a, like a, (help from you Lit people) wild thing, or something. He used to just bank off furniture, I think he's banking off the wall now too to make the tight turn from living room, down short (two stride) hall and into the bedrooom. Invariably, I'm trying to unwind by lying on the couch with some tea or a glass of wine. Then all of a sudden there's this sound like something tearing into the carpet. And as the streak of fur goes flying around the corner, Shaggy and I just look at each other with a "he's so wierd" look.
I'm sure people are wondering if I have a life outside work and my cats. Well, I ride. But do I have a social life? No, and that's something I miss since I moved. Granted, we (Dragons, PHC friends) didn't spend a lot of time together, but we did get to do things on occassion. Like dinner for instance. It was so much fun making dinner and having friends over. And the bonfires were fantastic. Of course, I always made too much food, but that's beside the point. I know I'm not a social butterfly, nor do I want to be one, but I do love human camraderie. I've been trying to be friendly with the exec at work, Tazz, but I think I'd be too slow-paced for her. We get along very well at work, but that probably won't extend beyond. And other people at the barn... well, they're just other people at the barn. We talk horse and hang out, but there's no extension of friendship. People are busy, I'm busy. I work 8+ hours a day, ride Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat, teach lessons on Sat, go to class on Tues/Thurs, and I have church on Sunday. But speaking of church, I'm not settling into one that feels right yet. And I honestly have not been attending regularly for about two months now. I really, truly miss the fellowship of Grace Community. I've attended the Sovereign Grace church in this area, but something's missing. And I really think it's the teaching. The pastor doesn't seem to dive into too much depth, and his sermons are repititous within themselves. Bob's sermons were such a blessing, one that I did not realize until I left. But I don't want to live in the DC Metro area, it's too much for me. I need time to settle down and set some roots. DC is too anonymous for me. At least down here I can recognize many of the other personalized plates. Everyone has their set time schedule, and quite often I see the same cars every morning on my way to work. And there's a pleasantness about the pace here, even though it can be frustrating when I'm in a hurry. So I'm learning to not be in a hurry with everything. I need to slow down and take in my surroundings. I noticed one thing out of the ordinary today. On my way home there was this little red car, and putt-putt car, stopped in a left-turn lane, behind it were two cop cars. I thought, ok, that's unique, two cop cars for one seemingly inocent, albeit decidely white-kid-trying-to-be-black, and didn't really think about it much more. But then I went out to get a movie and pizza (Spring break, so I'm having fun) and those two cop cars and little red car were still there. This was about 15-20 minutes after the initial sighting. So I get through Blockbuster and pick up my pizza at Little Ceasars (great large pepperoni pizza for only $5) and start heading home. NOW there are three cop cars and the little red car. I haven't been back out, but it's crossed my mind. Now I wonder what happened? Was he carrrying drugs? a weapon? Something must have happened. One of those little things that makes you think "what if?" So here we are, Shaggy has resisted the tempation to lay on the keyboard so I pet him and Gizmo is coming down off his catnip high. I think it's time to buy them new catnip toys, they've about killed their current set. I think it's time for me to start heading bedways. I'm going to light some candles bring a glass of wine, and read my Zorro book.
Bye!

1 comment:
Hey--nice to hear where you're at. I miss the pizza and movie nights and you. I'll be praying you can find a good solid church and good solid friends soon. But remember you already have me and dragons and Jesus--I'm so glad He's with you when I can't be. And I'm looking forward to seeing the wedding pics!
Post a Comment