08 August 2007

Little Update

So I've gotten a job offer in VA Beach. Sounds like the job will be a lot of fun and have lots of room for professional growth. Also, I'm riding more and teaching lessons several days a week... at least until the new job starts. We've had a huge heat wave (like many) so afternoon heat indexes are in the 110s which caused today's lessons to be canceled. Even riding at 8 am I get drenched in sweat... blech! Cats are doing well, in fact I think I found a new food for Gizmo and he's having fewer hairballs. I know, I know, who wants to read about that, but this is an update after all :-P

Dad visited for my birthday! He called me the day before and said he was coming. At least he didn't just show up! Anyway, he took me out for a very nice seafood dinner at a great restaurant in Williamsburg. And when we got back to my apartment there was a box on my front step. Inside was a crystal vase that I won from a random drawing at Busch Gardens. Speaking of which, BG and Water Country are two great places to go play! Even if i do usually go by myself. There are some great shows at BG. My two favorites are the Starlight Orchestra (a Big Band music and dance show) and the Irish Step show. And I ride roller coasters now, sort of. I've ridden Big Bad Wolf a couple times now which is a big step for me. It scared the crap out of me when I was eight and I never got on another roller coaster after that. Now I just have to work up the nerve to get on Loch Ness Monster.

Anyway, this seems to have gotten long enough, so I'm going to go finish washing my dishes.

No comments: