21 December 2007

Christmas

I will be flying to Indiana on Saturday to visit with my family for the Christmas holiday. It's hard to believe that it's been an entire year since I've seen that house. A lot has changed of course. My brothers have grown taller and bigger, Neal's a senior in HS and Ryan's a freshman... straaaaange. Oscar had to be put to sleep because his arthritis was so bad, so it will be sad to not have him around. Our Scottish Folds were sort of my cats, I was the one who begged that we buy the cute, big Fold kitten instead of the cute little Somali kitten. But Oscar loved Mom, and she was devastated when she had to take him to the vet. She did fully adopt the little black and white medium haired tuxedo mutt cat that had been hanging around the house. Unfortunately likes birds, thinks their tasty, so Mel can't just fly around the house anymore. It will be fun to see my bird again, even though he doesn't cuddle up to me as much. He's very strongly bonded to Neal now, but Neal will be off to college soon. He might even be going to the US Air Force Academy - find out in February. It's possible Mel will come live with me when that happens since he belongs to Neal and I. But we'll see what happens. Anyway, I need to get back to work... too much to do and not enough time to get it all done.

No comments: