15 January 2008

Registration Adventures

So my Selle Francais mare isn't officially a Selle Francais. The breeding certificate was sent to the North American Selle Francais Association to report but the live foal report wasn't sent in after Panache was born. And now that she's almost 5, she is too old to register through that association. So ok, next step... what associations is her sire approved by? Selle Francais (both North America and France of course), Canadian Warmblood, Canadian Sport Horse, and Belgian Warmblood. So one of the Canadian registries makes the most sense, because it's rather generic, and Ilian de Taute has a silver premium status with the Sport Horse registry. Next step, registration is $705 for non-members...yikes! So I'll pay the $80 annual membership fee and register her for $285, plus I have to send in a DNA sample to verify that her parents are who I say they are, so add on another $60. Not if I want her inspected for the studbook, that's only another $80. Once I get her registered with the Canadian Sport Horse Association though, will I be able to call her a Selle Francais, or does she have to show as a generic Canadian Sport Horse? Still haven't gotten that answer from the association. Of course the whole reason I'm going through this is because I want her to be approved for breeding by the Selle Francais association. The annual membership for NASFA is $80 and the mare inspection is $125. But inspections are only in the fall at about 10 different farms... and the schedule isn't up yet. An inspector come over from France, btw. Long story short, no one cares but me. And at least I now have one place to come look so I can stay organized in this whole process.

In other news, class started again... French... lol! Once this is done my BA will be done!

Ok, back to work now! TTFN

1 comment:

E. said...

Wow. I hope you can successfully (and inexpensively) navigate your way through the equine bureaucracy.